www.icanprove.com: Prove the status of a website
by digitally signed screenshots and session logs
What's the idea ?
If you want to prove that something is displayed on a website you typically
www.icanprove.com acts as a third party to overcome these problems. Try it!
- take a screenshot - but there is no way to prove that you didn't fake it by painting
- hope for web archiving services to crawl it in just this moment
that's hope and does not work for many dynamic or password protected sites
- A remote controlled browser to create screenshots with
- extended logging of user actions and data transfer to create
- a timestamped and digitally signed document to
- give a very reliable proof of the website contents while
- allowing to selectively exclude sensitive information
- !NEW! and transparently decoding ssl (https) sessions !NEW!
Typical usage scenarios:
- Prove that an image was offered under creative commons license
- Prove that you have subitted an academic paper.
- Prove to your professor that you cited that webpage correctly
- Prove your acomplishments in a game (if that game displays them on a
- Prove to your mother that your sister wrote something stupid in
her/your social media account although she will delete it.
- Prove to that website service technican, that this “
unreproducable ” error on his site actually can be reproduced
- transactional web archiving
- other types of ediscovery or evidence generation
The credibility of these proofs is completely based on mutual
disinterest. There are real notarys in the offline world for a
Impressum / Imprint